New air travel protocols as Dubai opens its international airport for tourists, expats and citizens
The Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management has announced detailed guidelines for Dubai citizens, residents, and visitors using Dubai’s international airport.
The announcement will allow thousands of people affected by the worldwide restrictions in passenger air traffic since the start of the pandemic to resume their travel plans.
· Expats holding Dubai residency visas can return to the emirate starting June 22nd
· Citizens and residents can travel to any foreign country starting June 23rd
· Dubai starts welcoming visitors and tourists starting July 7th
The new decisions are supported by protocols and preventive measures aimed at safeguarding the health and wellbeing of all passengers travelling into or out of Dubai Airports.
Here are the new travel protocols you need to know
If you are a resident returning to the UAE:
· Pre-book your flights through official websites of airlines operating from Dubai airports
· Obtain your return approvals carried out by GDRFA through a direct link with airlines
· You must complete COVID-19 pre-examination at an accredited laboratory. You can find the list of accredited laboratories on smartservices.ica.gov.ae. Without a valid negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of take-off, you will not be permitted to board the aircraft.
· For residents returning from countries which do not have accredited laboratories, Covid19 checks will be conducted upon arrival to UAE and residents will be directed to complete quarantine (at home or a facility) guideline for a period of 14 days. You will bear all cost for test and quarantine
· Download the COVID-19 DXB app and register your details
If you are a citizen/resident who needs to travel abroad
· You can travel to any foreign destination; however, you must comply with the guidelines and protocols of the country you are travelling to.
· On your return, you will need to follow the returning to UAE procedures
If you are a visitor or tourist travelling to the UAE, here is what you need to follow:
· Make sure you meet all entry requirements (visa, travel health insurance)
· Undergo PCR test with a maximum validity of 4 days (92 hours) prior to departure
· Sign a declaration to bear all costs of quarantine and treatment and complete the Health Declaration Form before departure to ensure that you do not have the COVID symptoms
Upon arrival in Dubai airport:
· All arriving passengers will have their temperatures taken with thermal screening devices.
· Tourists who do not carry a valid PCR test result will have to take the test upon arrival.
· The PCR test can be repeated for tourists who had tested negative before departing, but display COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival.
During your stay in Dubai:
· Register your details on the COVID-19 DXB app
· Compliance with all precautionary measures applied in Dubai (wearing masks, maintaining two-meter social distancing, and washing hands regularly).
· 14-day quarantine imposed on all positive COVID-19 cases.
The Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management stressed that travelers should commit to meeting their responsibilities to ensure their safety and that of others. These include:
· All passengers must strictly follow protocols and conditions specified by the Government of Dubai and destination countries before travelling
· Passengers must disclose any health symptoms before travelling by filling out the ‘Health Declaration Form’ provided by the airline company.
· UAE nationals must notify UAE embassies in the countries they are visiting if they test positive for COVID-19.
· Tourists must ensure they have international health insurance before travelling
· Those who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate themselves for 14 days at their home or in an institutional facility provided by the government at their own expense.
· Travelers must strictly follow physical distancing guidelines in accordance with measures followed at Dubai airports and use face masks at all times.
· All passengers should stringently observe precautionary measures and monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms.
Focusing on a companies most important assets – its People. We bring new Job Opportunities every day, for every individual.
We bring with us a range of diverse services that can cater to a variety of requirements for all types of industries.
In need of HR services? We would love to help you! Send us a message and we shall get back to you, as soon as possible.
Nathan & Nathan | Human Resource Solutions | © 2020. All Rights Reserved.